Our mission is to support Indigenous Nations’ visions for jurisdiction and self-government pertaining to the well-being of their children and youth.
We aim to speak with a collective and expert voice on child welfare matters, with a focus on systemic changes to policy, practice, legislation and funding to ensure the best interests Indigenous children are being met. In a nutshell: our children, our way.
Communities that are well equipped to provide high quality and culturally appropriate care for all of their children.
Our Guiding Principles
- Principle of self-determination
- The best interests of the child, looking at the whole child
- Commitment to each other
- Respect – for each other’s autonomy, views, and differences, (we can agree to disagree)
- The exercise of wisdom, and
- The use of consensus, as far as possible, to make decisions.